Tuesday, November 25, 2014

iOS Email Apps, Ranked

I have an iPhone and I use it a lot. To find out the best iOS 8 email app for my needs I built a spreadsheet. The spreadsheet ranks 9 email apps, with 29 columns of features. I weight each column according to importance to me, and the resulting "STATISTIC" shows me which fitness tracker is the one I should purchase.

The 9 apps:
Accompli
Inbox by Gmail
Boxer
Cloud Magic
Gmail
Dispatch
Mailbox
Mail.app
Inky Mail

Did not rank (among others):
Molto
Evomail+
Triage
SquareOne
Seed Mail
Mail Pilot
Yahoo Mail
Hop
myMail
Inbox Cube


Here are the tracked features ordered by importance to me
iPhone compatibility (duh)
Gmail support
Swipe actions
Defer emails
Android app
Web app
Viewing of Gmail folders
OmniFocus integration
Instapaper integration
Quote replies
View attachments in one view
Dropbox integration
Google Apps support
Exchange support
Outlook support
Calendar integration
Calendar Availability
TextExpander Touch integration
Focused inbox
Google Drive integration
Box integration
OneDrive integration
iCloud Drive integration
Predictive Search
Important/Most used people
Evernote integration
Todoist integration
Asana integration
CloudDrive integration

I didn't consider price of the app

Here's what my STATISTIC produced:

1. Accompli, 325
2. Inbox by Gmail, 250
3. Boxer, 245
4. Cloud Magic, 230
5. Gmail, 225
6. Dispatch, 210
7. Mailbox, 190
8. Mail.app, 165
9. Inky Mail, 155

Winner: Accompli.  Accompli has many of the "basic" features of the slick email apps of today, and has some features that no other email app has: Integrated calendar, scheduling based off availability, viewing attachments, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment