Friday, November 15, 2013

Online Content

I love to read about many topics, and also love to view videos.  Here's how I find, manage, curate and consume online content.

Finding content:
Twitter - I use Twitter extensively. I don't follow many people, but instead add them to one of eight lists I have set up.  Using lists allows me to selectively view content.  I rarely click on links in Twitter to read articles or view videos.  I save them to Instapaper.

Flipboard - My Flipboard usage rises and falls.  Just like Twitter, I don't read articles or view videos from within Flipboard. I save them to Instapaper.

YouTube - If I have a lot of free time on my hands, I'll look at my Recommended Videos in YouTube, or I'll go through my subscription channels.  This probably happens monthly or a tad more often.

Managing Content:
Instapaper - Almost every link I end up consuming finds its way into Instapaper.  (I never used Pocket). All the links flow into Instapaper into the "Read Later" view.  I will file links away into two folders: "Videos" and "Sports."  That leaves everything else in the "Read Later" view.  I'll click on the links there and read articles.

I'll do the same from the "Sports" folder when I'm in the mood for that.

For the "Videos" folder I'll try and move and YouTube videos to my YouTube account, into the "Watch Later" playlist.  I do this because you can click a single button on a YouTube video and boom!, it's in your playlist.

No comments:

Post a Comment